Thursday 19 April 2012

Breaking the mould

The time came to experiment and make. I have purchased so forth ingredients:

  • clay
  • lego bricks
  • latex
  • plaster of paris
  • alginate
  • siligel
  • metal gauze
  • metal sheeting
  • bees wax
 I wanted to try a two part mould so I could cast a full object in the media of my choice. I collected an array of objects from around the house and my studio...

keys  shells  doll parts  amulets  animal objects  teeth bones  skull  wire  cogs  flowers  seed pods



      

Siligel self hardening putty


Pushing the key into clay and building a plasticine wall to hold the plaster


Doll leg in clay with Lego wall (lets the plaster through as not completely air tight)




embedding objects into clay and building a wall to hold the plaster

                            

  a shark's tooth



a foot, a key and a two part plaster mould


separating the mould


Alginate pour


broken doll leg cast


To be continued...

No comments: